From the Rosaceae family and native to China, the peach plant and its fruit are among the most commercialized worldwide. This delicious fruit enjoys not only an unbeatable taste and a colorful appearance but also greatly beneficial properties for health. Its high content of vitamins A, B1, B2, E, K, and C make it an excellent source of nutrients. Also, it is a fruit rich in phosphorus and potassium.
Do you love peach and are you trying to germinate your seeds, but you don’t get it? Do not worry. We teach you how to germinate peach seeds, how to grow them and we also tell you what the medicinal properties of peach seeds are. Come on!
How to germinate peach seeds?
To germinate peach seeds, you must apply a successful method since this species of plant requires special conditions for its seeds to germinate. Keep in mind that you must be patient because the process is slow.
- First, select the seeds of peach fruits that are most eye-catching. This will tell you that its seeds are healthy.
- Then, take the seeds and pour them in a container with water and leave them there for 5 hours.
- After the time, remove the seeds from the bowl and dry them.
- Then, take an airtight bag or container and put the seeds inside. In it, add, also, about 100 ml of water.
- Seal the container and shake several times. Then, you must open it and drain the liquid without removing the seeds.
- Seal the airtight bag or container again and put it in the refrigerator. Try to be between 1 and 5 degrees of temperature. Otherwise, it could slow down the germination process of peach seed.
- Leave the peach seeds inside the container and in the refrigerator for a month and a half.
- Once that time has elapsed, check the container, if you see a root shoot in the peach seeds, of at least a centimeter and a half, you can already take them out and plant them. It is done!
Grow peach seed
To cultivate peaches effectively, it is necessary to follow certain steps that ensure success, from the germination of the seed with the method explained above to the planting and subsequent development of the peach plant. Here are the steps you have to apply to the letter:
First, keep in mind that the substrate must be rich in supplements, you can pay it regularly, for example, watering with earthworm humus. Now, prepare the ground where you will plant the germinated peach seeds, either in a pot or in a wide space. Take the substrate and fill up to 95% of the pot. If it is on the mainland, open a hole in the earth 10 cm deep and add substrate with earthworm humus.
In the same terrain, open small holes 5 cm deep, located 6 cm away from each other. Place a germinated peach seed in each hole. Take more substrate and fill the surface until the seeds are completely covered.
Water the peach seeds twice a day: once in the early morning and once in the late afternoon. Never do it at noon. Good luck and enjoy your peaches sown at home!
Properties of peach seeds
Peach is a tasty fruit distributed throughout the world, very popular for its sweet taste and the different uses that are given once processed. The seed of this fruit is commonly used in alternative and preventive medicine treatments.
They help the process of inflammation, thanks to its phenolic and carotene content. Helps with blood circulation. It improves digestive processes and relieves constipation. We use it to treat allergies in alternative medicine treatments.