If it’s cold outside, or not, if the velvety is, also for you as for me, your favorite whim in winter and you like to pamper yourself and experiment. The pumpkin lady always comes to your aid. Not with the classic pumpkin velvety that is good but after a bit ‘tired but with a spicy and spicy velvety that can raise even the dead, maybe just for the party night. Below, we are going to show spicy pumpkin soup recipe and cream recipe.
What you need for the spicy pumpkin soup recipe
- 500 grams of pumpkin (for 4 person)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 red onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 red peppers
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 850 ml of vegetable stock
- 4 tablespoons of creme fraiche / cheese spread
- Chives to taste
How to prepare it
- Cut the pumpkin and diced and put it aside after removing all the seeds. Also, cut the pepper by dividing it in half lengthwise and removing the seeds. Chop the onion and cut the garlic into 4 parts.
- Put the oil, garlic, and onion in a large saucepan and cook for about 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the cumin and the pepper and continue cooking for another 10 minutes.
- Pour the pumpkin and vegetable stock and cook for 20 minutes over low heat until the pumpkin is very soft.
- Blend until creamy mixture. Add the creme fraiche or spreadable cheese and blend quickly.
- Serve to add some other creme frés or spreadable cheese and adding chives to taste.
Preparation time: 40 minutes
Result: The sweet of pumpkin is mitigated by the spicy chili and spicy flavor and particularly cumin which in turn switches off due to the cheese.
Variation: You can eliminate the cheese if you want a shocking effect and replace the vegetable stock with chicken broth for an even healthier effect.
This spicy pumpkin soup recipe can be prepared in advance and, once cold, can be put in the fridge ready to be served if necessary. Just heat in a saucepan over very low heat and without adding oil or water to bring it to the right temperature. Now, its time to make cream from the soup. You can also try the pumpkin jam for breakfast and guests.
Cream of pumpkin soup recipe
The “Spicy pumpkin cream” can be enjoyed in many ways. It can be prepared and served as a side dish, or in larger quantities as a single dish.
What we need to start
- 700 gr. of cooked pumpkin pulp
- 1 shallot
2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil as needed for spaghetti, garlic, and oil.
How to prepare it
Cook: Preheat the oven to 200 degrees, then place it in the central part of your oven and cook it whole with the peel for about 30 minutes, the time may vary depending on the size of the pumpkin.
To check the cooking, prick it with a toothpick. Once done let it cool down and then make the pulp, weigh the amount you need.
In a saucepan pour the oil, add the finely chopped shallot and let it brown. In the meantime squash the pumpkin and add it, salt, add half a teaspoon of the spicy mixture, diluted (if it is too thick for you) with a little bit of boiling water, bring to a boil and serve hot.