Given how difficult it can be to move things from A to B, it is important you get the right firm to do it.
This can involve moving home or just removing something from your premises which you no longer need. A Man and Van option is becoming increasingly popular, but how do you ensure you are getting a reliable operator?
1. Ideally it will be a local operator, so begin by checking online to see which companies work in your area. Cost may be an issue, and this can vary depending on which goods or materials you are moving.
Ensure that you get a firm quotation for the final fee depending on your location and the final destination of the goods.
The emergence of Man and Van services means that you will be able to find a local operator. If you are searching for a Man and Van Slough, for example, residents will find information at sites such as www.uk-tdl.com/man-and-van-slough.html/.
2. Doing as much you can to make the removal of the materials easier will help to keep costs down. If you can reduce the time it will take to remove the items by organising the removal, this will help the service provider and reduce charges.
3. Waste can damage the environment and impact on health, and since 2014 the law relating to businesses carrying waste has been revised to protect the environment and discourage fly-tipping.
Specific licences are required for removing waste, and this can include garden or building refuse. Ensure your Man and Van firm have the correct documentation to carry out the service you require.
4. Operators who are reliable will ensure that in addition to the waste carrier licence they will also have public liability insurance, as they will be on your property and dealing with the public. CRB checks will also be advisable for a reputable company.
5. Why you need to hire a provider to remove or deliver items will depend upon the kind of goods or waste you are moving. If you are changing your home, then a traditional removal company may be the right option. Alternatively, if you are simply moving a few items, clearing goods from your house or removing waste, then a Man and Van may be the preferred solution.